Monday, July 18, 2022

Why do 30,000 Plus People Die On Our Highways Every Year?

Its no wonder that so many people are killed and maimed on our roads and highways. Every time I go down the road I see IDIOTS. And yes, that is what they are.

I am doing just over 60 down 32 and a little car comes barreling up on us. I see it coming in the rear view and closing in fast. After just a few seconds of riding my bumper the car jumps over to the other lane and starts coming around to pass me. This is a very curvy double yellow line area! The car gets almost alongside us and then a truck is coming at us in the opposite direction. The little white car hits their brakes and drops back behind us to ride our bumper all the way into town. Eventually the car passes us and it looked like a kid driving it. I am guessing less than 20 years old but not sure. All this time there were 3 vehicles in front of us and they were no more than 10 feet away from each other! Going down the road at nearly 65 mph and following a mere few feet from each other.

You cant leave the house and go to the grocery store and back without seeing these idiots.

Yesterday I saw a black pickup truck almost slam into the back of this van. They were in a 35 mph zone (old 60 by certified and Hot Rods) and I am sure that truck was doing better than 50. He hit his brakes so hard the backend went up and the nose went down and he was just a foot or two behind her. I was at a stop sign waiting to pull out and saw it all plain as day. If it were left up to me I would take these licenses away and make them WALK.

Just a little while after that we were all on our way home and I had to run off the road because a Pepsi truck was on the wrong side of the road! The driver side wheels were completely across the yellow lines on OUR side of the road.

Am I exaggerating? No not a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment