Saturday, April 23, 2011

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch

One of my favorite songs!

I have been a huge Dr. Seuss fan since I was a kid. After I got older and read more about Theodor Seuss Geisel I found that I was a bigger fan than ever. Dr. Seuss was by no means limited to the fun kid stuff we know him by.

Right now, as I write this drivel, I can look around the room and see a green plush Mr. Grinch toy (probably made in China drat it all!), several Dr. Seuss books including Green Eggs and Ham and The Tough Coughs As He Ploughs the Dough: Early Writings and Cartoons by Dr. Seuss. I am sure if I dug around a bit I would find more Seussicals within the walls of my office.

So just this morning my daughter wanted to sing the Grinch song so we looked it up and had some fun with it. Its a long way from Christmas but who cares, right? She has watched several Christmas shows including the Grinch recently and she often asks to play with my little green Grinch on the shelf.

Children can be funny. My daughter likes the old Grinch but my grandson doesn't like him at all.

So here, for my own future reference as much as anything else are the lyrics: (If you would like to complain about this post do so using the comment form below. Management will be notified and the proper actions taken as deemed necessary).

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.

I wouldn't touch you, with a
thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.

Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crockodile.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

The three words that best describe you, are as follows, and I quote: Stink, Stank, Stunk

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch.

Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable
rubbish imaginable,
Mangled up in tangled up knots.

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!




How about some Christmas stuff?

Christmas Tree Myths and facts

Pre Christian Roots of Christmas and Santa Claus

www.NorthPole.com

Christmas on History.com

www.allthingschristmas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment